Community : Report Bugs & Troubleshooting

• HORRIBLE REFUND EXPERIENCE

• My name is Ronnie and my sister Anna began a layaway (at the store, in stock in store item) on Thanksgiving day (11/28/13) in your store. My sister completed the layaway and picked up the item on 12/24/13; after receiving items for Christmas the item was no longer needed and returned to the store on 12/26/13. My sister was told at the time of the return that the store did not have enough cash to process the refund (the retail price being around $400) so they would refund the money to her debit card; I know the store has the cash on hand so the FIRST ISSUE is that the store associate blatantly lied about the cash and this is unacceptable as Kmart is today advertising that they can cash checks for customers, which would indicate an abundance of cash yesterday. My sister was told the refund would be on her card within the hour and now over 24 hours later THE MONEY IS STILL NOT THERE BUT KMART HAS RECEIVED THEIR PRODUCT BACK. Calling customer service, talking with the store manager yields no results; all she has been told is that IT SHOULD BE THERE on Monday but no one is guaranteeing this and she has been given multiple time frames to when the money should be returned. I need to know what can be done so my sister receives her money back. If this is not resolved by Monday I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and if necessary a lawyer.

No matter what happens you are going to be losing 2 customers. I live within walking distance of your store and I will just pay the gas and go to Walmart. The Kmart in Waterloo, IA has been struggling to stay open for quite some time so this customer treatment is beyond tolerable. I will be making sure to advise everyone I know in this area about this experience and advising them to take business elsewhere.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

Welcome to the MyKmart Community!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us on the issue of your refund. Your concerns are very important to us and have been escalated to our Kmart Cares team for further assistance on this issue.

Once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back for further contact with our team members.

Thank you!

rtraywickjr,

My name is David and I am a member of the Kmart Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you. We’re sorry that your sister is having such a frustrating experience with her layaway refund. We certainly can see why this situation is upsetting. We would like to connect her with a dedicated case manager to discuss her experience and assist in addressing her concerns. Please send the following information – her contact #, your screen name (rtraywickjr), phone # used at time of purchase to kmsupport@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MyKmart Community Moderator

Thank you so much David. You have already provided more assistance, and effort, than we have received from the store. I have sent the requested information to the indicated email.

Keep us posted Ronnie on your progress and thank you for sending the requested information to our Kmart Cares team.

Forums Community Report Bugs & Tr... HORRIBLE REFUND EXPE...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in