Chit Chat : TV & Movies

• Good Halloween Movies – What's your favorite?

• Every year it’s not Halloween unless I watch “Hocus Pocus”! Does anyone else like this movie? What other movies are good to get into the Halloween spirit?

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

It is a family tradition to watch this one every year as well as out Charlie Brown “Great Pumpkin”.

This was actually the first movie that my son had watched at the movie theater. He was 3-4 at the time and we had a group of 5 kids that we had taken to see.

To this day, this movie still cracks me up! LOL

{^^, ! One of my favorites is Night of The Living Dead ! It and John Carpenter’s HALLOWEEN will be telecast that night for sure, and I’ll be in there somewhere !

TheGreatPumpkin is also a wonderful piece ! I’ve never seen HocusPocus, but there’s always a first time ! The newer JohnnyDepp version of the head-less horseman is also pretty good :)

Aww yes, “Night of the Living Dead”! Another great movie!

I just came across an oldie last night, “The Omega Man” with Charleston Heston! I remember watching this moving when I was younger and it use to scare me each time I watched it. Now when watching, reminds me a little like “I am Legend” with Will Smith. Very old movie!

I have not watched the Johnny Depp movie as of yet, I will put that one on my list. Not sure how I missed that one, for my daughter loves this actor! Have you seen the new TV series called “Sleepy Hollow”? Very interesting to say the least!

Aww yes, “Night of the Living Dead”! Another great movie!

I just came across an oldie last night, “The Omega Man” with Charleston Heston! I remember watching this moving when I was younger and it use to scare me each time I watched it. Now when watching, reminds me a little like “I am Legend” with Will Smith. Very old movie!

I have not watched the Johnny Depp movie as of yet, I will put that one on my list. Not sure how I missed that one, for my daughter loves this actor! Have you seen the new TV series called “Sleepy Hollow”? Very interesting to say the least!

That was a Great movie ! Just like Vincent Price’s “Last Man on Earth” ! I didn’t see the Will Smith one – I like the older stuff…
    No, I didn’t catch that series yet. I’ll have to peep-in on it soon {^^, !

“I Am Legend” is a remake of “The Omega Man” and also based on “The Last Man on Earth”.

I LOVE horror movies. It is one of my favorite things about October.

“Hocus Pocus” I watch every year. It’s been on tv lately so I try and catch it. My roommate was also watching it the other day. And at the beginning when Binx is meowing my cat keeps looking around for where the other cat is. It’s funny.

Hi filmdork and Yobarps!

I am with you filmdork, I love horror movies and watch as many as I can either alone or with my daughter who is now in her middle 20′s.

I had just watched Hocus Pocus the other night (still cant help but laugh) and The Last Man on Earth is supposed to be on this week sometime, its been awhile on that one!

What do you think of the movie Halloween?

Hello all !
    Like filmdork and yourself, Wendy, I also like the season in film :)
    I haven’t seen anything new in many years, though… Carpenter’s HALLOWEEN is great, and one of the many urban legends is that the boy now man for which the story was inspired from is currently in a TinleyPark IL mental institution, where my Granny used to work. I try not to google anything as I like to re-squeeze our memories from our minds, so I won’t try to find out any of the truth… I happen to believe that it’s always best (and scarier) to wonder, don’t you agree ?

You’re kidding! Now you have my curiosity up, so I will have to peek online to see LOL But I will not share my findings for your right, memories of stories told are always sooooo much better and keeps the mind guessing and wondering….wooooooo Love it!

I bet your grandmother had some great stories!

Hocus Pocus is my favorite, Ryan!

Wendy, Yobarps, and For2Day – I am not a fan of horror movies. They give me horrific dreams after I watch. :( Sounds like you all are super knowledgeable on these films though. Very interesting!

Hocus Pocus was always one of my favorites, even named a cat I had when I was a kid after the one in the movie. lol

When it comes to the more graphic Halloween movies such as the Horror genre, my all time favorites are the original Halloween movies. The ones made after Halloween H20 got away from the whole story too much as to why Michael Myers turned into the killer he was which was some sort of curse. The previous movie before H20 (The Curse of Michael Myers) got into that a bit more in depth explaining a lot.

Forums Chit Chat TV & Movies Good Halloween Movie...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in