Interests & Hobbies : Fitness/Working Out

• Feeling the effects of holiday indulgence already!

• Anyone else already feeling the wrath of holiday indulgence? I am, unfortunately. How are you dealing with the sweet treats everywhere you turn this time of year? How do you maintain your weight loss or management goals this time of year? I find it quite challenging. Tips and tricks greatly appreciated!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

I have also felt the effects a little as well… But I have stuck to a few tricks inside of the Yobarps World which have indeed helped. Firstly, I only sample something from someone which was homeade. I walked away from all of the free doughnuts, WhiteCastle hamburgers, muffins, cake and pie slices, etc. Secondly, I try to keep the reserve space of empty calories for my homeade tequila spritzers and drinks after work, LOL ! And thirdly, I have a close friend who is the world’s best baker and she makes an assortment for me each year that I will look forward to and indulge in as my personal treat for my birthday around the 23rd !

Not the healthiest list around, but a reasonable real-world comprimise for me, Laurel :) :):)

I’m not. I even declined to eat any Toblerone chocolates brought over. I work at Wal-Mart and it’s mostly cart pushing to be done, which is pretty good exercise and demanding, I even skipped my break (not recommended to anyone) because I so hate to be nagged at by the store supervisor.
    I like to work out on the exercise machine in our basement when I get the chance usually on days off work and reward myself with a cold Miller light beer when the work-out’s over.

Keep goals realistic y’all.

Keep goals realistic y’all.

Well yeah, but the fun of indulging a little while pulling back on the reins may be the root theme of her thread during this time of year… But I’m facing 5O years this upcoming Monday, so I’m of the age to relent a bit, PrincessAM, LOL !

But you do herald a great point in keeping it real for the younger, swelter individuals of today in our ‘self-conscious’ group of 30-somethings…. Perhaps I’m just jealous :?

This is going to be the most awkward birthday of them all for me…..

I had been doing pretty good with watching what I am eating until someone sent me 3 boxes of Chicago cookies!!! Mighty tasty I have to say!

But what I have noticed since my low calorie diet, if I eat to much sweets it makes me feel sick. What a shock for I was one of those big junkoholics all my life! LOL

By the way Yobarps:

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you..
    Happy Birthday dear appreciated member, Happy Birthday to you!

Many wonderful more to come my friend! :-)

I had been doing pretty good with watching what I am eating until someone sent me 3 boxes of Chicago cookies!!! Mighty tasty I have to say!

But what I have noticed since my low calorie diet, if I eat to much sweets it makes me feel sick. What a shock for I was one of those big junkoholics all my life! LOL

By the way Yobarps:

By the way Yobarps:

Sorry, I messed up again, but tried to not post on Wendy’s territory but what can I say. Ah, I can’t add so birthdays only get Happy Birthday and not the rest. I tried to find the other discussion but what can I say, the mind is not open to it the past days. I got my order early so have two questions for anyone that can answer it. Do the Christmas decorative nutcrackers actually work, because if so thinking if some are still available might actually get one. If not maybe not. The other question is the points expire at the end of the year, so if I order anything now, the points do not roll to next year on January 1. Can you tell, I have been such a long time shopper on-line. I usually bake for people but not looking like it is happening this year. To shop for the items is not fun at the moment. Anyway, for those I miss, enjoy your Holidays and other such things. Hey, I got a towel and I really like it, so hoping there is clearance left. I have not tried my scrubber but put soap in it. Got one, because I need a whole lot of cleaning help, so I am waiting patiently and just need to know a few things to start adding some items on my wish list.

Thank you kindly, Wendy !!! Monday is the day, and I’ll let it slip by quietly as much as I can, LOL !
    For2Day, I plan to stop counting and misplace my calculator after this one, yes indeedy !

Thank you kindly, Wendy !!! Monday is the day, and I’ll let it slip by quietly as much as I can, LOL !
    For2Day, I plan to stop counting and misplace my calculator after this one, yes indeedy !

Happy birthday, Yobarps! Haven’t you heard? 50 is the new 40! That’s what I keep telling myself as I inch closer to that birthday milestone, as well!

[/quote]

Happy birthday, Yobarps! Haven’t you heard? 50 is the new 40!
    [/quote]
    Howdy, Julie, and Thanks-a-Bunch for the wishes, my friend ! I’ve also heard that cliché and it eases a little… I am truly grateful, though, for my decent health and station at this half-century milestone. But I’m more grateful for the friends at each turn, new and old, who’ve went out of their way to make me feel special today ! Yours will be even more special, I’m certain )***( !
    And now – - – on to Santa’s busy Eve !

Do the Christmas decorative nutcrackers actually work, because if so thinking if some are still available might actually get one. If not maybe not. The other question is the points expire at the end of the year, so if I order anything now, the points do not roll to next year on January 1. Can you tell, I have been such a long time shopper on-line.

Hi For2Day!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

The Rewards points do not roll over. Points expire one year from the purchase date on the quarter end month. Quarter end months are March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31.
    Example: If you make a purchase 2/1/13 the points earned on this purchase will not expire until 3/31/14.

As for the nut crackers, sorry to say I have not used these before. Was there any reviews for written for the ones you were looking at? If so, they might help in making a decision.

Hope this helps! :-)

Forums Interests & Hobb... Fitness/Working Out Feeling the effects ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in