Chit Chat : In-Store Feedback

• Donations at the Register

• When I got home from Kmart and examined my receipt, I found I had been charged a $10 donation to St Jude’s Charity. I had clearly told the cashier I did not wish to make a donation. When I returned to the store (Plymouth, MI), I was told I must have hit the wrong square on the screen at checkout. I did not recall this; when shown said screen, I noted that “$10 donation” square is next to “No Thanks”. I am quite sure I’m not the only senior citizen to touch the screen with this unwanted result.

I give generously to my favorite charities, save the receipts and file them with my income tax. Donating at the register is not my choice. I regard it as harassment that each time I check out at a Kmart register, a cashier requests a donation (loudly) and then requires me to use a computer screen to decline in addition to my verbal “No”. The practice is embarrassing. I believe it is poor policy to require customers to indicate this personal choice so deliberately. Making it so easy for customers to accidentally donate is close to fraudulent.

I ask that you continue to support charities, but to refine your practice to consider the feelings and convenience of your loyal customers.

STRUCK1

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi, Struck1. Welcome to the MyKmart Community! Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I am very sorry to hear you inadvertently selected the $10 donation button when trying to select ‘No’. I agree that this functionality should be reviewed. I will be happy to share your feedback with the Engineering and Store Operations teams for further investigation. Was the Kmart location able to refund your money? If not, please let us know and we can help you further with this.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks again for taking the time to share your concerns here!

Forums Chit Chat In-Store Feedback Donations at the Reg...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in