Chit Chat : In-Store Feedback

• Bad Christmas Tree

• I went to purchase a Christmas Tree that was advertised for 49.99 in your sales ad. I was so excited that this tree was so inexpensive! We have fallen on hard times and I have lost my job. So the thought that we could retire the old, beat up tree was great! I went to “store # 4106″ in Ypsilanti. When I finally found the Christmas items they were decently laid out to view. It was not the most spectacular set-up but decent. I had difficulty locating the actual stock of trees where you could just pick up the item and go. They were around the corner down the isle and there was no signage stating where they were. There were no “Customer Service Reps” near the area for customers with questions. The closest “Customer Service Rep” was located in the Electronics Department and was busy with a guest. Finally after locating the stock of trees. I was able to locate the tree that I was searching for. Also, I noticed that you had a 8GB Memory Card on sale and waited for the Electronics person to be available. After getting the memory card, I asked if I could purchase everything right here so I did not have to wait in line and he stated no. I thought that it would be no problem to pay for 2 items at the Electronics Department. I guess I was wrong. So, I went up front and paid for my 2 items. I got home, family is excited to put the Christmas Tree up and together, I was too. We get the tree together and plugged it in to start to “fluff” the branches. My wife started before I and said,”Hey, I just pulled out a branch!” I said, funny that would happen to a brand new tree but oh well. Then a few minutes later another and another! Finally, after getting half way through “fluffing”, my wife noticed that the very bottom portion of the tree looked odd. I leaned down and noticed that some of the lights were not lit. I took the tree apart and plugged each one in(there is only 3 sections, hence three plugs). Each one lit up great except for the bottom portion. The very bottom row of lights were out. I could not locate the bulb that may have been the one that was causing the issue……but I shouldn’t have even had this issue in the first place…..it’s a new tree! So now, wife: disappointed, daughter: disappointed, son: disappointed, me: disappointed. We were very excited to have the “new” tree and be able to have family time last night! Needless to say, I will be taking this merchandise back to the store for an exchange. Now I have to go all the way back to the store for defective merchandise. Is there anyone at Kmart who cares?

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi brysonrucker. Welcome to the MyKmart Communtiy! I am very sorry to hear about this experience. Our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you here to help address your concerns further. Once the Team reaches out to you, I will send you an email to notify you the Team has posted.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and share your experience here!

Hello, brysonrucker

Please accept our apologies for the encounter that you and your family have endured with the failed quality expectations with your recent purchase made with us. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support Team. We can understand after such a major and exciting purchase, we know this is disappointing experience with in receiving a damaged Christmas tree can be upsetting. We would like to offer assistance with the level of service you have experience with your purchase. Please send the following information – contact information and screen name (brysonrucker) to kmartsupport@searshc.com. We appreciate you taking the time in letting us know about your issue and look forward speaking with you.

Thank you,
    Mina
    Social Media Moderator
    Kmart Social Media Support

Hello, brysonrucker

Please accept our apologies for the encounter that you and your family have endured with the failed quality expectations with your recent purchase made with us. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support Team. We can understand after such a major and exciting purchase, we know this is disappointing experience with in receiving a damaged Christmas tree can be upsetting. We would like to offer assistance with the level of service you have experience with your purchase. Please send the following information – contact information and screen name (brysonrucker) to kmartsupport@searshc.com. We appreciate you taking the time in letting us know about your issue and look forward speaking with you.

Thank you,
    Mina
    Social Media Moderator

Hello, I have attempted to email you at kmartsupport@searshc.com however, it stated that this is not a valid email address. Please respond.

Hello, brysonrucker

Thank you,
    Mina
    Social Media Moderator

Hello, I have attempted to email you at kmartsupport@searshc.com however, it stated that this is not a valid email address. Please respond.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the update, brysonrucker. Our apologies, the correct email address is kmsupport@searshc.com. Please reach out to your case manager via this email address. Thank you!

Hello, brysonrucker

Please accept our apologies for the failed communication with the incorrect email. Please send the following information – contact information and screen name (brysonrucker) to kmsupport@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.
    Thank you,

Mina H.
    MyKmart Community Moderator

Forums Chit Chat In-Store Feedback Bad Christmas Tree

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in