Cardwell Ranch Trespasser

By B.J. Daniels

Have you ever met someone and were instantly wary? What if you suspected the person was dangerous, but no one would listen?

That was the inspiration for my April Harlequin Intrigue, CARDWELL RANCH TRESPASSER.

I couldn’t imagine anything worse than seeing what was going to happen – and not being able to stop it because no one believed me.

We’ve all known people who aren’t what they appear. The scary ones are the cunning ones who hide it so well from others.

My villain is a woman who will do anything to get what she wants. Her whole life she’d lied, cheated, stolen – and even killed. She’d become a woman desperately searching for happiness – at the cost of others. She believes she deserves what others have. She’s a woman with nothing to lose.

All that could make it worse, I thought, was if you tried to warn the people you loved about her – but they thought you were jealous. Suddenly you would become a target and even after this woman had tried to kill you, no one would believe that either.

That’s what happens to Hilde Jacobson, the owner of Needles and Pins sewing shop in Big Sky, Montana.

Unfortunately that dangerous person is her best friend Dana Savage’s long-lost-cousin Dee Anna Justice. Dana is so overjoyed to find a cousin she’s never met before that she doesn’t see the real Dee.

Hilde thinks she must be imagining things – until Dee tries to kill her.

But then the worst happens. No one believes Hilde. Dee is so cunning that she manages to always appear to be the innocent one. Not even her best friend believes her, which is heartbreaking – and also alarming because Hilde suspects Dee has a dangerous plan that involves not only her, but Cardwell Ranch.

Fortunately there is one person who thinks Hilde might be telling the truth – the handsome Deputy Marshal Colt Dawson. Together they must stop the conniving and very treacherous Dee before it is too late. Along the way, they find each other.

You can now buy the book at select Kmart stores or online!

About the Book:

The Cardwell clan has a new, mysterious member. Dana Cardwell warmly welcomed her Justice cousin into the family fold and to the ranch for a reunion. But this cunning kin has other plans for Dana…and designs on her husband, Hud.

Hilde Jacobson has known Dana too long to let her best friend get conned—or worse, killed. Unfortunately Hilde is no match for a skilled impostor who’s duped everyone in the canyon. Only Deputy Marshal Colt Dawson believes Hilde’s claims about the phony relation; only his strong arms have saved her from “accidents” intended to get her out of the way. Together can they convince the Cardwells that a predator lurks in their happy home?

About the Author:

B.J. Daniels wrote her first book after a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist and author of thirty-seven published short stories.

That first book, Odd Man Out, received a 4 ½-star review from Romantic Times magazine and went on to be nominated for Best Intrigue for that year.

Since then she was won numerous awards including a career achievement award for romantic suspense and numerous nominations and awards for best book.

Daniels lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, and two springer spaniels, Spot and Jem. When she isn’t writing, she snowboards, camps, boats and plays tennis.

She is a member of Mystery Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, Thriller Writers, Kiss of Death and Romance Writers of America.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon