USA Today Bestselling author Christie Ridgway & her new trilogy “Beach House No.9″

By Christie Ridgway

What’s not to enjoy about sunshine and sea air? I’m excited to bring both to readers in my upcoming Beach House No. 9 trilogy: Beach House No. 9, Bungalow Nights and The Love Shack, all of which take place during one thrillingly romantic summer in California’s fictional Crescent Cove (there’s also a digital prequel available, Beach House Beginnings). In the series, couples find true love in and around one particular cottage on the beach, a cottage rumored to hold a kind of magic when it comes to bringing people together.

The Crescent Cove in my books is based on a real place in Southern California—Crystal Cove, which is now a state park. There are tide pools and a bluff extending into the ocean, just like in my series, as well as a set of cottages right on the sand. They’re being renovated one by one, so if you visit there you might have to do as I did. Stand with your bare toes in the warm sand, the sun on your face, the sound of the ocean in your ears and your eyes half-closed as you imagine what might be….

What might be if there were fifty or so intact and charming bungalows shoulder-to-shoulder on the beach. What might be if men and women with yearning hearts came to that beautiful, unique place and, through laughter, tears and sweeping passion, found exactly what they were looking for. I hope those who love sexy contemporary romances will accept my invitation to spend warm summer days and moonlit summer nights at Crescent Cove and Beach House No. 9.

Synopsis of the book 

This first installment in a sexy new series follows Jane Pearson as she, arriving at the beach house of reclusive war journalist Griffin Lowell to help him write his memoir, engages in a battle of wits with this obstinate man who needs her help more than he ever could have realized.

You can now buy the book at select Kmart stores or online here

About the author

An avid reader, Christie began writing romances in the fifth grade when she wrote stories starring her teen idol (and herself as the heroine, of course!). These stories remain intact, in a locked box with a mercifully missing key.

After college as an English major, she became a technical writer in the computer field for a number of years. That led her into computer programming, a geeky profession that was not-so-surprisingly satisfying for the daughter and sister of accountants.

She makes her home in Southern California, writing for both Silhouette Special Edition and Avon Books, thanks to the support of her math teacher husband and their two boys.

If Christie is not at her computer writing contemporary romances, she is doing laundry or watching soccer games or doing laundry or watching basketball games or doing laundry or helping with homework. She does a lot of laundry due to growing sons, and a husband who likes to surf, bike, and fix things!

ShopYourWay Post Email icon