Unforgiven by BJ Daniels

by BJ Daniels

Have you ever seen a place that calls to you? The Crazies did that for me when I thought about writing Unforgiven for HQN.

The Crazy Mountains, or the Crazies as locals call them, are one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in Montana. Often snowcapped, these rugged, isolated and pretty much inaccessible peaks loom up from the river valley with breath-taking majesty.

There are two stories as to how the Crazies got their name. One is that a woman from a wagon train stumbled into the mountains alone. When she was later found, she’d gone crazy. Another is that the early Native Americans named the mountain range because of their fear of it and the strong winds that blew down were enough to drive a person crazy.

I was haunted by the mountains and knew that any characters living in their shadow would have to be strong and determined, the kind of stock that had settled Montana. Because of their isolation, these people would also have struggles as well as secrets. The fictional town of Beartooth could have been one of the mining towns that once dotted Montana’s landscape.

The Montana around me – and its history—has always inspired my writing. My Cardwell Ranch series for Harlequin Intrigue comes from my early childhood living in the Gallatin Canyon in the cabin my father built. My Whitehorse series-also for Harlequin Intrigue, began when we moved to a small, isolated town in wild country near the Little Rockies.

I love writing about Montana – and the land that continues to inspire me.

About the Author:B.J. Daniels

B.J. Daniels wrote her first book after a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist and author of thirty-seven published short stories.

That first book, Odd Man Out, received a 4 ½-star review from Romantic Times magazine and went on to be nominated for Best Intrigue for that year.

Since then she was won numerous awards including a career achievement award for romantic suspense and numerous nominations and awards for best book.

Daniels lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, and two springer spaniels, Spot and Jem. When she isn’t writing, she snowboards, camps, boats and plays tennis.

She is a member of Mystery Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, Thriller Writers, Kiss of Death and Romance Writers of America.

Her new release- UnforgivenUnforgiven

Torn apart by tragedy, Destry Grant and Rylan West get a second chance at love, but their newfound happiness is shattered by the arrival of her brother who is determined to clear his name in the long-ago murder of Rylan’s sister.

The book will be available at select Kmart stores and online 

ShopYourWay Post Email icon