New Release at Kmart Books: The Son of Neptune by New York Times #1 Bestselling Author Rick Riordan (Win 1 of 5 signed copies)

Buy now online or in-store at Kmart!

About The Son of Neptune

The Son of Neptune is the second installment in Rick Riordan’s Heroes of Olympus children’s book series, following the New York Times #1 best-selling The Lost Hero. This sequel brings beloved Greek demigod Percy Jackson (from the best-selling Percy Jackson & the Olympians series) back in the adventure, as he awakens in a camp for Roman demigods with his memory wiped clean. But it doesn’t take him long to make new allies and become embroiled in a dangerous quest involving a fearsome enemy.

With an ever-expanding cast of brave-hearted heroes and formidable foes, this second book in The Heroes of Olympus series offers all of the action, pathos, and humor that Rick Riordan fans crave.  You can learn more about the entire Heroes of Olympus series at www.heroesofolympus.com.  Or visit www.facebook.com/percyjackson.

About Rick Riordan

Rick Riordan is the author of the New York Times #1 best-selling The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero; the New York Times #1 best-selling The Kane Chronicles, Book One: The Red Pyramid; as well as the five books in the New York Times #1 best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series: The Lightning Thief; The Sea of Monsters; The Titan’s Curse; The Battle of the Labyrinth; and The Last Olympian. His previous novels for adults include the hugely popular Tres Navarre series, winner of the top three awards in the mystery genre.  He lives in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife and two sons.  Visit Rick online at www.rickriordan.com or follow him on Twitter @camphalfblood.

Comment on our blog answering the question ‘Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus character and why?’ between dates of 10/4 and 10/18 to win one of 5 signed copies of the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.

—————————————————————————————————————————

Don’t forget to bookmark KmartBooks.com and be sure to follow @KmartBooks on Twitter for all of our latest Kmart Book Club Picks, New Releases, Author’s Corner, Romance Cafe & Friday Reads!

Son of Neptune Release SWEEPSTAKES

2011 Official Rules

No Purchase Necessary.  A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.  VOID Where Prohibited.

1. HOW TO ENTER: The Son of Neptune Release Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on October 3, 2011 at 12:01 am Central Time and ends on October 18, 2011  at 11:59 pm in accordance with these Official Rules (“Sweepstakes Period”).  To enter, you must post an answer to the blog post(s) located at www.kmartbooks.com answering one of the following question: “Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus Character and why?”  To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, your answer must not contain any irrelevant, non-family-friendly, or otherwise inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.  Limit one entry per person through a comment on the blog post during the Sweepstakes Period.  Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and winner eligibility.  Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.  Not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, all of which are void.  Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized individual account holder of the MySears or MyKmart community account associated with the winning entry in order to be awarded a prize.  By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules.
  2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all legal U.S. residents who are individuals 13 or older at the time of entry, excluding employees of Sears Holdings Management Corporation, its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and/or household members of each of the above.  Void where prohibited.
  3. DRAWING:  On or about October 19, 2011, five (5) potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.  Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor’s representative or designee.  Potential winner will be contacted via e-mail, or telephone.  If any potential winner cannot be contacted, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
  4. PRIZE: There will be five (5) Prize awarded, consisting of one (1) Author signed copy of the Son of Neptune per winner..  Approximate retail value of Prize is $20 each..  Odds of winning Prize depend on number of eligible entries received.
  5. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE:  Prize is not transferable. Taxes on Prize are sole responsibility of winner.  No Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and publicity (where permitted) (by parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) within a time period designated by Sponsor, or Prize may be forfeited. By accepting Prize, winner consents to use of his/her name and likeness for advertising purposes worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
  6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this sweepstakes or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion via mobile phone or otherwise.  If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof without further obligation or advance notice.  Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof at any time  and for any reason without further obligation or advance notice.  Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date.  Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the MySears.com or MyKmart.com account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who is in control of the email address associated with the entering MySears.com or MyKmart.com account. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE(S) OR  UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If any portion of these rules is determined to be invalid or illegal, the remaining portions of these rules will remain in effect and be construed with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
  7. USE OF INFORMATION: Information provided on Sweepstakes entries or in connection with winning a Prize will be used in accordance with Sponsor’s privacy policy, available at www.mysears.com/privacy_policy and www.mykmart.com/privacy_policy.
  8. WINNER’S LIST: The winner’s list will be available on the www.mysears.com and the www.mykmart.com websites after approximately November 1, 2011 and before January 1, 2012.
  9. SPONSOR:  Sears Holdings Management Corporation 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179

©2011 Sears Holdings Management Corporation.  All rights reserved.

—————————————————————————————————————————

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. My favorite is Annabeth. She is such a dynamic character. She has such a wonderful heart and is such a devoted friend.

2. I like Percy Jackson because he didn't give up

3. My favorite character if Percy. I've read all the books and it's like watching him grow up.

4. My favorite characters from the heros of Olympus series is Percy and frank. Both of them are powerful but kind at the same time. They both look out for each other.

5. My favorite Characters are Piper and Hazel. Both are so strong and adaptable, and willing to do what they have to for their friends. I can't wait to learn more about both.

6. Would really like to read the book!

7. Jason because of his weapon and that he's the son of Jupiter.

8. MY favorite character in the heroes of Olympus series has got to be Percy Jackson or Leo valdez. I like Percy because he is kind,loyal andhe is heroic not to mention he is now a full member of the 12th legion that means he is now Greek and roman . Leo valdez is one of my favorites because of his sense of humor and his sarcasum I also like the mystery that surrounds him looking exactly like Sammy valued hazels old boyfriend that's very interesting.I don't ussuqly read but these books make me want to read they are soo intresting !!!!

9. My favorite character from the Heroes of Olympus would have to be....oh, I don't know; all of Rick Riordan's characters are created with such creativity, and imagination. The way he gives everyone a distinctive personality is just so amazing. But if I had to choose a favorite character, it would be Jason Grace. I love all the mystery that surrounds him and even though he didn't remember his friends he stuck with them and remained loyal. I also think his coin that transforms into a sword is awesome. I also like Percy Jackson. After all, he is The Lost Hero and The Son of Neptune(from a Roman standpoint.)

10. My favorite character is Percy because he isnt really the typical "hero"

11. percy jackson because his sarcastic actitud

12. My favorite character would have to be Annabeth. I love the fact that she is a strong girl character and as a girl reader, I am all for girl power. She isn't afraid to speak her mind and I can relate to her a lot. For one thing, we are both deadly afraid of spiders. And for another, we will both do whatever it takes to protect the ones that we care about.

13. I would have to say Annabeth Chase is my MOST favorite character (though I do enjoy them all). Annabeth is hotheaded and determined, eager and intelligent, she is sly and a bit devious; qualities most females can relate to. As a female reader, it is nice to see the main character have a sort of "sidekick" or partner that is A) a girl, and B) able to take charge instead of being the "damsel in distress" type of character. Annabeth completely embodies everything it takes to be a capable woman.

14. I like Leo because of his sarcasm and humor.

15. I would have to select Percy Jackson as my favoite character. His character of heroicism is a result of his charismatic character. His friends and followers believe in him. Charisma is not a characteristic that is known to everyone. With his charismatic leadership abilities, Percy is able to lead himself and his friends in and out of danger throughout the series. He has to find the faith he needs to believe in himself. He does not give up easily. Even when he is down, he is still fighting so that he is sucessful in the end! I feel quite "connected" with him. He is always ready to accept another challenge. His courage and charisma will take him through as many challenges as his creator, author Rick Riordan will allow. In my mind, the future of Percy Jackson is endless!

16. Well obviously you have to love all of the demi-gods but my favorite is the master of the winds Aeolus, because in my head I picture him as Leonard from that comedy central show Ugly Americans, so every time he comes up in the story I get a good laugh thinking about it.

17. I like all of them because they stand for hope.
    adendyut@comcast.net

18. I like Percy because he shows the most leadership skills, seems to draw EVERYONE to him, and I especially had to admire when he turned down the chance to become a GOD.

19. WOW...That is hard to choose because I love all of Rick Riordan. I would have to choose Percy Jackson. I would choose Percy because he is an amazing character to look up to and everyone can see him in themselves. We all wanted to have Percy back and now what was happening to him and Rick delivered in The Son of Neptune. If I had to choose another one that would be Annabeth. She is a strong woman who stands up for what she wants and stand for, she is amazing.

20. It is very hard to pick my favorite in this series. All of the characters are so well written you feel like you know each and every one. If I did have to pick my favorite would be Percy. He is always there for his friends and family and always willing to go above and beyond. The character that would be right behind him is Grover. He is always getting himself into some sort of trouble but always gets the job done!

21. Oops. With The Heroes of Olympis I would pick Leo Valdez Because of his awsome beastly swagarific powers, tool belt, and he is half Mexican which I am to.

22. My favorite Hero is Percy Jackson because he is strong, he never gives up, and his Father is Ooseidon who is my favorite god.

23. My favorite Heroes of Olympus character is probably Piper. She tough and can fight and doesn't care about her looks even though she is the daughter of Aphrodite. But Percy will always be my favorite no matter what. He's cute, funny, sweet, and will do anything to save the ones he love.

24. What is your favorite Heroes of Olympus character and why?

I'm not exactly sure, but either Hazel or Frank, because they make an adorable couple, and Frank trusted Hazel with his life, literally. Hazel also took him with her on one of her blackouts, where she went to the Underworld. I found that adorable, because they trusted each other enough to let the other in on their deepest, darkest secrets, not even Percy and Annabeth did that. I think that this new couple brings a new light to the seven in the prophecy, though it puts Leo in an odd place because he would be the only one of the seven with out a boyfriend/girlfriend on the quest.

25. Hmmmm, they are all pretty awesome, but my sons and I agree Leo is our new favorite - I want a tool belt that gives me small everyday items I need as well!

26. My favorite character is Percy Jackson because he never gives up.

27. Sadly, we haven't had a chance to read this series yet. We absolutely loved Percy Jackson and have been itching to read this series, as well. From what the other commentors have said, it looks to be fantastic!

28. Who is your favorite Heroes of Olympus character and why?

My favorite new character is Leo. Of course, none can compare to Percy, Annabeth, Thalia, Grover, and all the other original characters, but it is obvious why they are liked best by fans. By choosing Leo, I hope to shed an interesting light on why a new character should be part of legacy of the original. Leo, with his humor and quirky behavior, he provides the comedic releif all action novels need. Unlike many of the new characters, most of which are cliche and dull, Leo does not have a curse, a mysterious past, or family issues. He is just a son of Hephaestus with a unique, but not unheard of, talent. Also, Leo does not have a romantic role. I feel like this series concentrates on romantic relationships more than the original series. All the characters seem to be paired up-- Tyson and Ella, Piper and Jason, Reyna and Jason, Hazel and Frank, etc. Even Percy and Annabeth have become a joined character. In The Lost Hero, Percy was reduced to "Annabeth's (lost) boyfriend", and was seldom referred to as a great hero. Leo reminds me of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. He is Leo. His purpose is not to support or complete another character. Leo is original and can stand on his own, and that is why he will always be my favorite Heroes of Olympus character.

29. Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus Character and why? That's pretty straightforward, simply put...Ella. Her quirky humor and underdog nature puts her at the top of my list for this series. Sure the demigods are great and all, but Ella had been cursed to pester Phineas indefinitely. And then to make it all worse, the curse was flipped and she was starved...yet she still persisted. She was smaller than the other harpies, yet she was more cunning and swift than the others. She memorized everything she had ever read, a fountain of fairly useless information until it truly mattered...she even managed to get looks at the old books of prophecy. And to make it all even better, she likes Tyson...who is the coolest Cyclops. For a new character to be introduced without a major role in the second book, she is definitely memorable and needs more time in the books.

30. My favorite "Heroes of Olympus" character would probably be Frank Zhang. Although you looks younger than he really his he is an amazing tactician to have around.He may be clumsy at times, but when it comes to saving his friends he is there for them even at the cost of his on life. Frank has been through a lot with the death of his mother and grandmother and then with his life be tied to a burning piece of tinder. I for one would like him as a friend and I also see a little of myself in him. I would love to win this signed book, because I am 21 years old and love this book and mythology. I have gotten my grandmother and my mom to read the series and they absolutely love it. It would mean the world to me if I won this signed book.

31. My favorite "Heroes of Olympus" character would probably be Annabeth. It might just be that I'm jelous of her though. I would LOVE to have Percy as a boyfriend! Annabeth does absolutely EVERYTHING she can until she and the rest of Camp-Halfblood figure out what's really going on. Personnally I'm jelous of Annabeth, because of Percy, because I had "dibs" on him. But what's really funny about that is, I'm going as Annabeth for Halloween this year, just so I can say I'm dating Percy. So, I guess my favorite characters are Annabeth and Percy. I would love to win this signed book, because I know that I'm the BIGGEST Rick Riordan fan in the small town of Delphi, Indiana! My friends have to constantly remind me that Percy isn't actually real! But, when you have as much passion as I have for him, he's real to you! <3
    Love,
    Kate J. L.

P.S. Rick Riordan, you better make MANY more books!

percy.lover.09@gmail.com

32. My favorite Heroes of Olympus character is Leo. His ability to control fire and fix things is very unique. He finds and fixes the golden robotic dragon that none of his Hephaestus brothers have ever been able to do, he also has been gifted with the rare but highly dangerous ability to control and manipulate fire. He sees this gift as very unpredictable because of a incident in his past with his mother. He is all around a great inventor and given the plans to make a huge ship that he drew when he was a young child.

33. I like Leo the best because he is awesome, funny, and his fire powers are way better than anyone else's (No offense to anyone by that). :D

34. My favorite character is definitely still Percy Jackson. I started reading about Percy 4 years ago and he had always been my favorite. Even now after all of the other characters, there is just something about his personality that makes him a loveable and believable hero.

35. I'd have to say Leo. He actually has a past, and he doesn't have 'daddy problems', like Piper. Jason was really dry in the first book, but he could get better in the second as he learns his past. (that is, if he's in this one at all). Leo would like to get a date, but he isn't all over everyone, except the snow princess, and he has awesome fire powers. He's the greatest craftsman, even better than Beckendorf, and he always has something fun to say to lighten up any situation. He isn't stuffy and 'I'm better than you', instead being scared that he might wreck the whole quest. I'd feel like that if I were him. Even when he learns that he is needed desperately, he doesn't fill up with hot air, instead, he helps his friends finish rescuing Hera. Then, after he returns to camp, he shows his cabin the awesome Hepheastus workshop he found. It would be pretty tempting to me to unravel all that mystery by myself before showing my cabin (yeah, I realize he got the magic tool belt). How cool would it be to have 'first dibs' on all the awesome weaponry? So, he's humble, funny, helpful, creative even in a tight pinch, and he shares his big find with his siblings when he could go through everything before them. He's a great guy, one I would be proud to have as a friend.

36. Oh, Heroes of Olympus, not the original five.

37. My favorite character would have to be Clarisse La Rue. I mainly picked her because she can hold her own in a one on one battle without cheating, and she cares about the soldiers under her command. I'm not saying she doesn't cheat, but, with Clarisse, you can understand how she feels: her problems with Ares, her rivalry with Percy (We all know that if he had let her dunk his head in toilet water, they would be best friends. jk.), and her longing to go on a quest. After her wish comes true, and Percy lets her take the fleece home, she states plainly (I admit, rudely) that she is still at odds ends with him. I mean, she is straight forward, honest, even if it is about how she's going to kill you, and she could beat up 90% of the world's population. What's not to like?

38. Annabeth you mean?

39. Would Festus count? He's cute and he helped them through their quest and gave up his "life" for Leo Piper and Jason.

40. My favorite character from the book would have to be Leo. I absolutely love his character and how he is soo sarcastic! :)

41. My favorite would have to be, hands down, Leo. Leo is real to me because he's not a perfect person. He has flaws and is slightly snarky and sarcastic (I love sarcastic characters). He's not all-powerful or a "big name" hero. He's human and therefore more relatable to me.

42. Hmmmm... my favorite? Percy Jackson. I loved the new characters! But I think Percy is still the greatest, mostly because of his humility. It is so admirable that he has all of these powers, and does all of these amazing things, but doesn't think of himself as higher than everyone else because he is the son of Neptune, and he values the input of others. I also like how realistic his flaws are, and how he has strength in more than just godly capabilities. He has strong loyalty and is so genuinely good.

43. My favorite character would have to be Percy for the fact that even though often times he has no clue what's going on, he still steps up to do what needs to be done. And even when he does do incredible things, he doesn't let it get to his head Also he has the family that seems like they are there for him the most. The mom that he talks to and who put up with Ugliano for years. The father that interferes more than he's supposed to. Even his fatal flaw just shows he cares too much about his friends. He's just an all around good guy with the power to control the most abundant substasnce on the planet :D

44. It's hard to decide what my favorite "Heroes Of Olympus" character is. I like all of them. But if I had to choose I would probably choose Thalia Grace. I like how Thalia is unique and doesn't care what people think. She has a really sad life, and a past which she doesn't reveal until The Lost Hero. I was really surprised finding out she had a brother. Its cool how shes all tough and independent. She has had a very interesting life with her mother being an alcoholic, losing her brother, running away, getting turned into a pine tree, back to life, joining the Hunters of Artemis, and then discovering her brother is alive. She makes a lot of decisions that nobody would expect from her, I think Thalia has grown more mature between The Titan's Curse and Now. She still has anger in her, and I cannot wait to see her appear in the next book!

45. My favorite chracter would have to be Frank. He's nice, and clumsy but, risked his life to save the camp and his friends. He is also the nicest child of Ares/ Mars.

I love all the characters and books, I may not win this book, but atleast I'm trying.

46. Percy! Love Percy's humor! I laughed so many times in Son of Neptune.

47. Aphrodite, Hephaestus and Hera. The Percy Jackson series gave us a brief look at many of the gods. Some of them--Poseidon, Hermes, Apollo, and Artemis--came out looking good. They were warm and likable, protective of things that were important and if they had undesirable quirks--like Hermes' tendency to steal anything not nailed down--these quirks were downplayed as amusing. Other gods--like Ares, Aphrodite, Hera, and Aphrodite--came off as less sterling. They were bullying, uncaring and interested in all the wrong things. Seeing these gods again through eyes other than Percy's gave us new perspective on their personalities. Where we saw, with Percy an Aphrodite obsessed with pointless matchmaking, Piper gave us a different perspective--a goddess concerned with binding people together with bonds, whether they be the bonds of friendship, family or love. Where Percy saw a brusque and unsocial Hephaestus, Leo sees someone very detailed oriented, interested in all the details of making something work. Loving, but unsure how to show his love. And where Percy saw Hera as a goddess obsessed with creating the "perfect" family, even if that involved the casting out of valued friends, Jason sees Juno, waspish and difficult to work with, but driven toward protecting her family at all costs. The Greek and Roman gods had many faces and attributes which they showed to different heroes. Athena, for example, lent her shield to Perseus when he hunted the Gorgon. This gesture, loving and selfless, allowed a great evil to be removed from the Earth. This same Athena bitterly sought revenge on the people of Troy because one of its princes had the audacity to name Aphrodite as more beautiful--and petty, bitter act that brought ten years of wars and chaos to the Mediterranean. These contradictions were part of what gave Greek and Roman mythology its vibrancy, and I'm glad Rick Riordan is continuing the tradition.

48. Annabeth piper and thilia yep thay all remind my self of me its complicated but thay all are difrint but alike and seem like thayll all be friends

49. My favorite character is of course Percy Jackson the son of neptune. He has inspired me with my life. Percy is the only reason I read books mostly because of his adventures with his friends and his bravery. He has inspired me my whole life. I mean everyone loves him, right? He probally inspired over millions of people by being confident, intelligent, and chosing wise decisions. People just may like him because he is strong. But I like him because he trys on no matter what to protect his loved and elder ones.
    Percy has a huge talent that rarely anyone has. That talent is using his heart instead of his mind. What I mean is Percy could've accepted his gift of being immortal. But he followed his heart and asked the gods not to ignore their mortal children. He has a "wave" of courage when he faces difficuties, pain, danger, and ect. Another reason I admire Percy is that he has a great personality. If it weren't for Percy the "enjoyment" in people's lives wouldn't exist.
    I know I might not win this book but Percy will always be in my heart no matter what! I wouldn't survive if I lost but I tried my hardest just like Percy Jackson, my role model. I must thank Rick Riordan very much for creating this character.

Email: siddhanthpatel@yahoo.com

50. PERCY JACKSON IS THE BEST!!!!! He is, (deep breath) INVULNERABLE, COOL, SMART, HUMBLE, SMOOTH, NOT AFRAID TO ADMIT HE IS WRONG, AND OVERALL HAS THE BEST FATEHER EVER!!!!!

51. My favorite character is Leo Valdez because he is funny even when its hard to be, is a good cook, has sweet powers, and is an amazing friend even when its difficult.

52. My fave character is jason and percy they are both awesome and excellent fighters they also have cool weapons and powers

53. My favorite character would be Percy Jackson because he is the one to always save the world and he is always there for his friends. He is amazing and his thoughts are so funny!

54. my favorite character is Nico di Angelo (i don't know if he counts though) he always seems misterious, but as you get to know him he can be very caring... or just decieving.

55. My favorite character from Hero's of Olympus is Percy Jackson. Im so glad he is back.

56. My favorite character is Leo because he reminds me of my students. He doesn't realize how amazing he is, even when everyone around him does.

57. My favorite Hero’s of Olympus character is Jason because he helped out as much as he could, even without most of his memories.

58. My favorite character is percy! Because he's my literary book crush!(x he's just smart and kind and awesome(:

59. My favorite character is percy, because he's funny and smart and I love him with annabel(:
    Kittencat@sbcglobal.net

60. My favorite character is definitely Percy. Rick made him into such a deep and complex character. He grows from book to book, starting off as a young, quirky kid to a cool, brave leader. The way he changes sort of mimics how the reader grows with each and every book. Percy never wanted a life of danger, but he learns to adapt and always tries his best, no matter the odds. In the Heroes of Olympus, he also gives off a cool, mysterious vibe. This adds to an already impressive set of characteristics. There is a REASON why he's the main character. That's why he's my favorite :D

61. My absolute favorite character is still Percy Jackson. He is brave, funny, smart, caring, and headstrong. He " will go to the end of the world to save a friend", and he has proven many times that he is responsible and trustworthy. He is not afraid of battling against his enemies, and he sees the good in people when others cannot.

62. It's kind of a tie between Piper and Annabeth, but I'm leaning slightly more towards Annabeth. She's a brilliant girl (obviously, since she's a daughter of Athena), with excellent fighting skills and the courage to take a sword in the back to save Percy's life. Even her fatal flaw sort of strengthens her character by showing that deep down, despite her troubled childhood, she has a good heart and great intentions.

63. I have to say my favorite is still Percy. Everyone is awesome and funny but Percy just stands out to me. I love that he is loyal to his friends and worries about everyone. I love his funny remarks and how he can stand up to the gods because that takes a lot of courage.

64. I've got to say Piper is my favorite because I love her attitude. She is like "You wanna Piece of me? Come and get it Drew!" I love how she gets more confident with herself as the book progresses. Another favorite is leo because he is so funny and is always trying to lighten the mood. he is also a mechanic and i love mechanics<3...

65. My favorite has to be Piper in the Heroes of Olympus series. She is so brave and she doesn't let anything faze her. She also has a big heart and I love the way she cares about Jason. Another character I love is Nico di Angelo. I can't really even say why I love him, other than I just do. He is just amazing!

66. Definitely Leo. Hilarious character and he is such a great mechanic. Also such a great companion during the quests.

67. My favorite character would have to be Jason. I loved in "The Lost Hero" how I would try and guess and piece his past together. It was like I was on a quest of my own! In the "Son of Neptune" I already know Percy's past like I know my own. So there isn't any mystery on that part. But I still thoroughly enjoy the book. Jason is a fun mystery!!

68. My favorite character in the Hero’s of Olympus series is Leo. I love His personality and the way he can crack a joke all the the time. His fire power is really cool too!

69. Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus Character and why?
    My favorite is probably Annabeth. I'm a lot like her. I get out there, get things done and I'm pretty good at what I do. She's super smart and seems to be learning all the time, which I love to do. She's just amazing!

70. Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus Character and why?
    My favorite has always been Percy. he has similar interest as me. Although Annabeth has to be the smartest of all of them and she has made me want to be the bet I can be.

71. My all-time favorite character is Percy Jackson for sure because of how Riordan displays his personality, but out of the new characters and the new series it would have to be Piper. This is because she is so strong-willed and doesn't follow trends to be popular. Piper shows the other campers that Aphrodite, when she finds out that she is her mom, is not all about being mean about love like some of her children are currently, but that they are nice and have a natural beauty within.

72. My favorite character would have to be Leo. His personality, past, thoughts, and all around everything is either amazing or ridiculous to me. Even when Piper and Jason are romantically linked, Leo has the courage and willpower to stick with them instead of bailing. He's also a very strong person.

73. I would have to say Leo. He's resourceful and crafty with what he's got, and he's a jokester. He tries his best to be brave and courageous. He has had hard times in the past, but that doesn't stop him for plowing on and helping his friends. He's a different kind of tough, and very loyal, and he knows how to make the right choices and correct himself if he does anything wrong in the end.

74. Out of all the amazing characters in this series, i have to say that my favorite character is Annabeth Chase. I love Annabeth for many many reasons, but by far the biggest reason is because I can relate to Annabeth. I can always imagine s Annabeth Chase, whenever I read any of the books, I become Annabeth. She also inspires me to try my very hardest at everything I do, whether its a 5 point pop quiz, or something that is a final grade.
    When thinking about Annabeth, I am never afraid to be myself and make my voice heard, which I know that getting all this from a character is strange, but Annabeth is just so real! I have been her for Halloween, even though I'm too old to dress up so says my mother :)
    Even though Annabeth isn't the main character in the book, she still manages to shine through and get everyone's attention.
    Another thing i love about Annabeth is her ability to speak her mind. She knows that when something is on her mind, she has to say it, because usually, someone else is thinking the exact same thing as she is, and they are relieved when she says it, and not them.

So Annabeth has taught me many thing, and that is why she is my favorite character.

75. I'm stuck between Thalia and Piper-but would have to go with Piper. She doesn't want to be caged by what people expect of her, especially since she's a daughter of Aphrodite. Piper is one of those few people who is brave enough to be herself, and show that to the world. Its hard to find confident people like that these days, and she shows it is possible to be yourself, even though there will always be haters.

76. I think Piper is pretty awesome. She doesn't believe that beauty is everything even though she is the daughter of Aphrodite. A lot of people can relate to her character, especially when most of us readers are about the same age. We deal with bullies everyday, and Piper isn't the only one who with family problems. The thing I love most about the series is that these kids are beyond being normal but at the same time they have to face the everyday challenges that we 'mortals' share.

77. My favorite character is Nico, he has the most heart wrenching back story and has grown so much. I feel like i watched him evolve and grow and the best part about it is that he is still growing, i think he'll be one of the greats. I'm especially hoping that he gets a chance to show his amends with his father... or if they actually really made amends.

78. Piper would have to be my favorite character in the new series. She is extremely relatable, and such a strong person. I love the chapters from her point of view because it is great to read from a girl's perspective. Also, even though she is a daughter of Aphrodite, she doesn't feel the need to change herself to fit in with her siblings. She is true to her heart, no matter how confusing that is at times.

79. My favorite character is Leo because he is so witty and because he doesn't seem important next to Jason, a son of Jupiter, and Piper, a daughter of Aphrodite,which is extremely cool. Hephaestus is not one of the major gods, but Leo is undenially a very special character, what with his fire skills, and repairing Festus (they're quest would have a lot more challenging). And also because he has been by himself most of his life and needs to be strong for himself, his friends, and Hera in order to rescue her.Leo shows just that because some demigods have parents like Hephaestus,Demeter,or some other minor gods,everyone is important.

80. My favorite character is Piper! She is such a strong character and she won't change for nobody but herself. She's a trustworthy person who anyone can depend on, and she would do anything for her friends. She goes against the "stereo-type" people and that makes her unique in her own way. She's also and epic badass :)

81. “Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus Character and why?” Well that one is a hard question to anwser but i would have to say Jason son of Zeus because even when he can't remember who he is he always puts others before himself he is a true hero and he would of fit in with the perfectly in the Iliad and the Odyssey

82. There is no doubt that every fan of the series loves Percy, and every character adds something to the story. I would have to say that out of all the new characters, my favorite would have to be Piper. Piper is one of those people who does not like being boxed in by other people's expectations. She tries to buck the trends and be herself. She also doesn't expect special treatment or try to increase her status because of who her father is. And when she finds out that her mother is Aphrodite, her independent personality is even more obvious. She doesn't like that her siblings seem so vain and shallow, which leads to a confrontation with Drew. Mitchell and Lacy's kindness begin to change her opinion of her siblings, and when she gets back from the quest and becomes cabin leader, she is determined to help the cabin realize what Aphrodite is really about. Piper is independent, cares about her friends, and wants to do what is right, which is why I really like her.

83. Honestly, and I know I will get alot of grief for this, I would have to say my favorite character would be Luke Castellan for multiple reasons. First and for most being that he was so conflicted. He despised the gods for seemingly abandoning him but did not want to harm those he called 'friends.' He tried to pull as many over to what he considered the right side as possible and in the end showed his true colors. For any of us who has had a parent walk out on them we can relate to how he feels. In the Last Olympian we see his background shedding further light into why he did what he did and honestly who could blame him? He was trying to do what he thought was right just in the worst way possible. Luke also had the most potential out of any character in the series. If he had stayed at camp he would have been such a valuable asset in the Titan War and even in the Giant war that is soon to come. I highly doubt that Percy would have become leader of the camp had Luke stayed around. Luke was the character who could have been and that's what I will always know him as. Lastly I would have to say his pure combat abilities. While not graced with a Major Power like Thalia or Percy he was still easily the best swordsmen in camp. He was able to beat Percy multiple times without so much effort, just further proving his skill. Add that on top of his ability of create battle tactics and overall intelligence and you have a character I would not want to mess with any day.

84. Mr. Rick Riordan makes the reader truly care about each characters and worry about each of them when things go awry. Overall, my favorite character would have to be Percy Jackson. He makes me laugh with his sarcasm (like calling one of the Gorgons "Beano" and not by their true name Spheno) and his quick wit. Percy makes an awesome lead character and I am interested to see what happens in the second installment of Heroes of Olympus. Percy is not only loyal but reliable as well. One can always count on him to be there, no matter what.

85. I'm going to be honest i haven't finished the whole book," The Lost Hero" but i am almost done. I love all the characters in all the books, its hard to pick a favorite but one on the top list would probably be Thalia.I like Thalia beacause to me she's really cool, she's very confident in what she does. She's also very brave,being hunter of Artemis and all.Another thing i like about her is her courage, she has a lot of courage, which is good considering the monsters those demigods face. Lastly i like Thalia because she's always looking out for her friends, helping them when they need it,or just having their backs.

86. My favourite character is Leo because he's so conflicted. He has all this guilt surrounding his awesome fire powers, and had a really hard childhood, but he still does what he thinks is right and helps his friends whenever he can. Plus, in the first series, you only really think of The Big Three gods' children being super important, but in 'The Lost Hero' the other kids can be just as cool, if not cooler.

87. My favorite character in The Heroes of Olympus would have to be Piper. She is a very timid girl in the beginning of Book 1 and she lets people walk all over her. Until she tries to get her dad's attention. she's shy and even though she knows people thinks she is gorgeous she doesnt want to be labeled as such. She does everything she can for people to see her as herself and not what she looks like. Even after finding out that she is Aphrodite's daughter she still refuses to let people see her outside beauty for she wants them to like her inner beauty more. She grows into a stronger and more outspoken and more confident young lady by the end of the book and by all of this summary and more, she is by far my favorite character (as of the moment, seeing that I have been busy with college and havent been able to read the second book yet even though I bought it at 5 o'clock Tuesday morning).

88. I love all the characters in heros but if I had to pick one it would have to be piper because she started out as just a normal girl but then realized her abilities and fought for friends and loved ones. she was scared but never gave up and realized she was a hero of olympus!

89. My favorite character is Jason Grace because he has a complex character. He is forced to slowly piece together his life and slivers of memories in order to uncover his purpose and destiny. Also, there are still secrets that he possesses and they are even secret from himself because he still does not remember everything. I cannot wait to see his and his Roman friends' reactions when they meet again. Will he even remember them? He is a strong person because he doesn't let things get him down and makes sure others are cared for before himself. Out of all the characters, he is the only one who actually understands the pressures Percy feels as a son of one of the Big Three and a subject of a prophecy. All in all, he is a great character.

90. My favorite Heroes of Olympus Character is Annabeth because she is daughter of Athena and I can relate to her in so many ways. I like to know that there are many people like her.

91. My favorite character is Percy Jackson of course! After reading The Lost Hero, I actually found myself worried about Percy. Worried about how he had lost his memory and wondering where he was and if he was safe. I also had so much sympathy for Annabeth because you could tell by reading The Lost Hero that she was barely holding it together because she was so concerned for Percy's safety and all she wanted was to bring him safely back to Camp Half Blood. Percy is the type of guy that we would all want to be friends with. He is so loyal and always stands for what is right, no matter how hard it is. He is a great role model for all of us! I cannot wait for The Mark of Athena! I will be first in line to buy it! Fingers crossed on hopefully winning this signed book! I wouldn't know what to do if I won! We LOVE Rick Riordan!

92. he is like an awesome, more mature version of Percy Jackson

93. my favorite Olympian is Ares because i think he is really awesome. my favorite demigod is jason because he brings a new perspective to the series

94. Okay now for my favorite character in new series,"The Lost Hero". I absolutely love Piper!! I can really relate to her. She's such a great friend to Leo and Jason and I think that's great. She's one of those characters that you root for when she goes against Drew. She's the underdog. (I have a thing for characters that are loyal; I'm starting to figure out hahahah) Of course Piper is loyal to her friends but also her dad. Loyalty is important to me, so I guess that's why I look for that trait in book characters. Piper is continually growing throughout 'The Lost Hero', and I'm enjoying reading about her. I hope that I can grow more mature too, and maybe get more confidence like Piper did. (Knock some of those mean girls downn ahahah)

95. I like Leo. I think he's a fun character and enjoy his funny comments. I think the mighty utility belt is ingenius ;D and I like how he gets and deals with Festus. Very cool kid!!! ;D

96. One of my favorite characters is Percy Jackson. Big shocker right? xD
    I really like him because he is just so likable. I like the way he thinks and acts. He's different then many of the main characters of different books, that is another reason why I like him. Percy Jackson is brave, heartful, funny, everything a character should be. But the real reason why he is one of favorites is because I love his fatal flaw. Loyalty to your friends, what's better then that?

97. My favorite character would be Percy's brother Tyson. I really like Tyson because hes very brave and also verey kindly. he never complained to his father(Poseidon) for all the rutless things he had to overcome but he values all of his thiingss and that wy my fav character is tyson

98. I would have to go with Rachel Elizabeth Dare. Her quirky nature and personality makes her a great Oracle. She's funny and when she needs to be, courageous. She even hit the Titan Lord in the eye with a blue plastic hair brush!

99. So, being an English teacher, I must comment on the glaring grammatical mistake. 'Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus character and why?’ The title page of the book is right on this site. No one proofread it? Heroes of Olympus!

Anyway, my favorite hero is Piper because she starts out very low-key, but grows into her role, accepting who she truly is by the end of the first book. She's stronger than she realizes, which I think is a good message for teen girls.

100. I love most of the characters in the book but, my favorite character would have to be the one and only Percy Jackson! First of all he is the son of poseidon, who is my favorite Greek god. Second, even though many people call him a coward, I believe that he is one of the bravest characters. And last but not least, he stands up for his friends. Another one of my favorite characters is Annabeth. She is brave, smart, and can take care of herself. I also love how in the Lost Hero she did everything she could to find Percy, and she wouldn't give up.