New Release at Kmart Books: The Son of Neptune by New York Times #1 Bestselling Author Rick Riordan (Win 1 of 5 signed copies)
Buy now online or in-store at Kmart!
About The Son of Neptune
The Son of Neptune is the second installment in Rick Riordan’s Heroes of Olympus children’s book series, following the New York Times #1 best-selling The Lost Hero. This sequel brings beloved Greek demigod Percy Jackson (from the best-selling Percy Jackson & the Olympians series) back in the adventure, as he awakens in a camp for Roman demigods with his memory wiped clean. But it doesn’t take him long to make new allies and become embroiled in a dangerous quest involving a fearsome enemy.
With an ever-expanding cast of brave-hearted heroes and formidable foes, this second book in The Heroes of Olympus series offers all of the action, pathos, and humor that Rick Riordan fans crave. You can learn more about the entire Heroes of Olympus series at www.heroesofolympus.com. Or visit www.facebook.com/percyjackson.
About Rick Riordan
Rick Riordan is the author of the New York Times #1 best-selling The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero; the New York Times #1 best-selling The Kane Chronicles, Book One: The Red Pyramid; as well as the five books in the New York Times #1 best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series: The Lightning Thief; The Sea of Monsters; The Titan’s Curse; The Battle of the Labyrinth; and The Last Olympian. His previous novels for adults include the hugely popular Tres Navarre series, winner of the top three awards in the mystery genre. He lives in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife and two sons. Visit Rick online at www.rickriordan.com or follow him on Twitter @camphalfblood.
Comment on our blog answering the question ‘Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus character and why?’ between dates of 10/4 and 10/18 to win one of 5 signed copies of the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.
Son of Neptune Release SWEEPSTAKES
2011 Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID Where Prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Son of Neptune Release Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on October 3, 2011 at 12:01 am Central Time and ends on October 18, 2011 at 11:59 pm in accordance with these Official Rules (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, you must post an answer to the blog post(s) located at www.kmartbooks.com answering one of the following question: “Who is your favorite Hero’s of Olympus Character and why?” To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, your answer must not contain any irrelevant, non-family-friendly, or otherwise inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Limit one entry per person through a comment on the blog post during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and winner eligibility. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized individual account holder of the MySears or MyKmart community account associated with the winning entry in order to be awarded a prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all legal U.S. residents who are individuals 13 or older at the time of entry, excluding employees of Sears Holdings Management Corporation, its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and/or household members of each of the above. Void where prohibited.
- DRAWING: On or about October 19, 2011, five (5) potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor’s representative or designee. Potential winner will be contacted via e-mail, or telephone. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- PRIZE: There will be five (5) Prize awarded, consisting of one (1) Author signed copy of the Son of Neptune per winner.. Approximate retail value of Prize is $20 each.. Odds of winning Prize depend on number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: Prize is not transferable. Taxes on Prize are sole responsibility of winner. No Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and publicity (where permitted) (by parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) within a time period designated by Sponsor, or Prize may be forfeited. By accepting Prize, winner consents to use of his/her name and likeness for advertising purposes worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this sweepstakes or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion via mobile phone or otherwise. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof at any time and for any reason without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the MySears.com or MyKmart.com account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who is in control of the email address associated with the entering MySears.com or MyKmart.com account. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE(S) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If any portion of these rules is determined to be invalid or illegal, the remaining portions of these rules will remain in effect and be construed with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- WINNER’S LIST: The winner’s list will be available on the www.mysears.com and the www.mykmart.com websites after approximately November 1, 2011 and before January 1, 2012.
- SPONSOR: Sears Holdings Management Corporation 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179
©2011 Sears Holdings Management Corporation. All rights reserved.