If you build it, love will come…to Hope’s Crossing.

By RaeAnne Thayne

When I conceived the idea for my HQN series Hope’s Crossing, I intended to write three books based around the story arc of the residents of a small town coming together, learning to lean on each other as they coped with a tragedy that happens in the first book, BLACKBERRY SUMMER. After writing the second book, WOODROSE MOUNTAIN, I realized I had a problem. I had created all these secondary characters I loved, people whose stories I burned to tell, and I knew I wouldn’t easily be able to wrap up all their story lines by the time I finished the third book, SWEET LAUREL FALLS.

To my great delight, I was given the wonderful opportunity to write three more Hope’s Crossing books for 2013, starting with CURRANT CREEK VALLEY in April. Next up will be WILLOWLEAF LANE in July and SNOWFLAKE CANYON in October.

From the beginning, one of my favorite characters in the whole series was Alex McKnight. I originally introduced her as the quirky best friend to the heroine in BLACKBERRY SUMMER. I wondered what her secrets were, what pain she was hiding behind her quick wit and light-hearted approach to life. I found all those answers – and more! – while writing CURRANT CREEK VALLEY.

Alex has convinced herself her life is perfect. She loves living in Hope’s Crossing where she is surrounded by her big, boisterous family and many close friends. Even better, she finally has the chance to be chef of own restaurant. When contractor Sam Delgado moves to town with his young son, Alex realizes all that has been missing. Now it’s up to Sam (and Ethan!) to help her see that, no matter what happened in her past, together they can build something more meaningful in Hope’s Crossing.

You can now buy the book at select Kmart stores or online!

About the Author:

RaeAnne Thayne loves words. It started as soon as she learned to read, when she used to devour anything she could get her hands on (cereal boxes, encyclopedias, the phone book, you name it!). She loves the way they sound, the way they look on the page, and the amazing way they can be jumbled together in so many combinations to tell a story.

Her love of reading and writing those words led her to journalism, and she worked for fifteen years as a newspaper reporter and editor.

Through it all, she dreamed of writing the kind of stories she loved best. She started writing romance fiction in 1990 and sold her first book five years later. Since then, she’s published more than two-dozen novels and that same number of short stories.

RaeAnne finds inspiration from the rugged northern Utah mountains where she lives with her husband and three children.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon