Friday Reads: What are you reading this weekend?

Friday Reads is a weekly series on Kmart Books that simply asks, “What are you reading this weekend?

photo of SHC-MollyL

Name: Molly Lipsitz Product Cutting for Stone
Friday Read: Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Comment: I had heard that this book was awesome, and so far it is! A totally different kind of book about growing up twins born to an Indian nun and British surgeon in Ethiopia and the story of how their lives unfold. It has kept me up reading way past my bedtime a few times!

Buy Now Online

photo of mszcze0

Name: Melissa Iverson Product Dead in the Family
Friday Read: Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
Comment: This is the 10th book in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Series. All of the books in this series are fun quick reads that are highly addictive. If you’re a fan of HBO’s True Blood you should pick these up, they are much better than the show!

Buy Now Online

What book will you be reading this weekend? Tell us in the comments below! If you’ve read one of this week’s Friday Reads, share your book review with us.

________________________________________________________________________________

If you’d like to be featured on Friday Reads, send a message through the comments form here: http://www.mykmart.com/aboutme/SHC-Philip or email Philip at Philip.Nowak@searshc.com.

Please include the following information:

• Name:
  • Friday Read: (Title of Book & Author)
  • Comment: (Anything you’d like to share: Why you chose to read it, what do you think so far, would you recommend it, etc)
  • Link to your MyKmart or MySears community profile

Thanks and we look forward to hearing about your Friday Reads!

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. I'm reading The Speech by Senator Bernie Sanders. It is actually the transcript of a popular speech Senator Sanders gave in opposition to the Tax bill passed in 2010.

2. How to Get Rich by an eccentric tycoon and billionaire media mogul Felix Dennis.

Here's a cool article about him in BusinessWeek: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_23/b4087085366091.htm

3. This weekend I'm reading What the Dog Saw by Malcom Gladwell. Its great short stories from his NY Times articles about really compelling perspectives. love it!

4. I am reading Betty White's If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't). I find her absolutely hilarious!