Featured Book: Willowleaf Lane by RaeAnne Thayne

From the Author:

I adore reunion stories. I find something so sweetly perfect in the idea of two people rediscovering each other when both are in a much better place to find lasting joy together.

WILLOWLEAF LANE, the fifth book in my Hope’s Crossing series (after BLACKBERRY SUMMER, WOODROSE MOUNTAIN, SWEET LAUREL FALLS and CURRANT CREEK VALLEY) is a little different from the typical reunion story. Candy shop owner Charlotte Caine has been in love with Spencer Gregory from the time she was a girl, when he used to wash dishes at her father’s café. They were friends, of a sort, but Spencer never really saw her as anything but the overweight, awkward, shy daughter of his employer. When he was young and immature, Spencer was unthinkingly cruel to her at a pivotal time in a young girl’s emotional development, and the scars of that moment have haunted Charlotte for years.

Once, Spence was on top of the world – at the top of his game as a pitcher in Major League Baseball. After a harsh tumble into scandal and disgrace, he has returned to Hope’s Crossing with his preteen daughter to heal and to figure out how to remake his life now that other doors are firmly closed to him. He never expects to find himself turning to the one person in town who should least want to help him.

At its heart, WILLOWLEAF LANE is about reinvention and renewal, about two people learning to shake free of their past choices to become something better together. I loved writing about their journey, especially helping Spence discover what he should have been able to see in Charlotte all along.

Pick up your copy of Willowleaf Lane at select Kmart stores or purchase online now!

About the Author:

RaeAnne Thayne loves words. It started as soon as she learned to read, when she used to devour anything she could get her hands on (cereal boxes, encyclopedias, the phone book, you name it!). She loves the way they sound, the way they look on the page, and the amazing way they can be jumbled together in so many combinations to tell a story.

Her love of reading and writing those words led her to journalism, and she worked for fifteen years as a newspaper reporter and editor.

Through it all, she dreamed of writing the kind of stories she loved best. She started writing romance fiction in 1990 and sold her first book five years later. Since then, she’s published more than two-dozen novels and that same number of short stories.

RaeAnne finds inspiration from the rugged northern Utah mountains where she lives with her husband and three children.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon