Featured Book: The Newcomer by Robyn Carr

From the Author:

When I start a new book there’s a moment of indecision.  Okay, panic.  It’s panic.  I ask myself if I have what it takes, if I’m up to the job.  I wonder about the people in the story, what they’re up against, what issues have to be resolved, what roles they play this time around.  It doesn’t last long.  Once I start writing, questions and answers begin to rise to the surface.

This time, with THE NEWCOMER, the second book in the Thunder Point series, that moment of uncertainty was very brief because I was coming home.  Characters who had barely surfaced in THE WANDERER were still on stage, waiting for me to get them to the finish line.  I’d left them all in a pretty good place.  Love was declared everywhere it should have been, people in trouble had been saved, bad people had been caught….

But life isn’t stagnant – it’s always evolving, always throwing stuff at us.  When I started the story I knew some things.  I knew that Mac McCain’s ex-wife was going to reappear after ten years, but I really didn’t know if she was a good, remorseful person or his worst nightmare.  I knew that a couple of young lovers were going to suffer a painful break-up, but I wasn’t sure what the outcome would be.  I knew a promising young athlete was going to get into trouble.  I knew Cooper had decided to stay on in Thunder Point, but would Sarah?  Could Sarah?  Or did the Coast Guard have other plans for her?  I knew the town would be shaken by the problems of their favorite people.  And I knew things would work out just the way they should, but I really wasn’t sure how.

Now I’m sure.  I’m sure of quite a few things – that the Thunder Point folks are resilient, compassionate, fair and honest.  They’re incredibly strong in the face of adversity.  I’ve watched them bond together to keep each other going through the hard times.  I was present while they used love, and not animosity, to solve their problems.

Welcome back to Thunder Point.  I’m confident you’re going to really enjoy the ride.

You can pick up your copy of The Newcomer at select Kmart stores or purchase online now!

About the Author:

The author of over twenty novels, Robyn reaches a wide audience with her writing. In addition to her touching novels, she’s written historical romance, series romance and a gripping thriller. “This is the best job I’m ever going to get wearing my nightgown,” she says of her writing career.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon