Featured Book: Home to Whiskey Creek by Brenda Novak

From the Author:

Whiskey Creek is a fictional town modeled after Angel’s Camp, Coloma, Jackson, Sutter Creek and others founded during the gold rush in Northern California. If you’ve never visited these places, it’s like stepping back a century and a half. They’re atmospheric and unique and so much fun to visit.

Having such a vivid setting for these books makes them especially enjoyable to write, but it’s the characters that fuel my imagination. Loosely based on my oldest son’s clique, the friends—both male and female—that form the backbone of the Whiskey Creek books have grown up together. And even though they’re now in their thirties, they still share a special bond as well as a weekly coffee date at Black Gold Coffee.

Home to Whiskey Creek features Noah, one of the members of that special group. But it’s the heroine’s journey that I found particularly interesting. In high school, Adelaide was one of those people on the outside looking in, hoping to be accepted by the popular crowd—and that put her in the wrong place at the wrong time. After a terrible incident at a high school graduation party, she moves away. But, years later, circumstances conspire to bring her back. Then she must face the past and the men responsible for it—men who have yet to face justice.  Men who have a lot at stake… And what about Noah? Will Addie have a chance now, so many years later, to fully experience a love that never really went away?

Pick up your copy of Home to Whiskey Creek at select Kmart stores or purchase online now!

About the Author:

For more information on this and other Whiskey Creek stories—When We Touch, When Lightning Strikes, When Snow Falls (winner of RT Book Reviews Best Contemporary of 2012) and When Summer Comes–please visit www.brendanovak.com.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon