Bare It All Discussion with New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster

Lori Foster fans wait no more! Get the inside scoop on Foster’s new release Bare It All and pick up you own copy at your local Kmart or online now.

By Lori Foster

Alice What’s-Her-Name

Anyone who reads me knows that the focus of my books is usually the hero. He’s the driving force, the dominant character that talks to me and inspires my muse, and often keeps me awake at night demanding I get his story on paper. I love writing the heroes, and the female characters (equally strong-willed) are often a backdrop for the guys.

In Bare It All, Reese Bareden is a big guy with a big personality, but it’s Alice who pushed that story into being written.

You first met Alice in Trace of Fever, book two from the Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series. If you don’t remember her, believe me, I understand. She started out as a “throwaway” secondary character. Her role was meant to be small, and Alice liked being less noticeable. But by the end of that book, she’d become someone I knew, a friend I worried about… and a hero.

Even after I finished the series, Alice stuck with me. Like many of the male characters do, Alice talked to me. She whispered that she had more to share. She refused to stay a secondary character.

When I started writing Run the Risk, book one in my new Love Undercover series, Alice just sort of popped up as a neighbor. I could almost see her making faces at me as she was suddenly on the page. As she’d done in Trace of Fever, Alice hung back, pretending to be no one important, hiding her larger-than-life personality…— but she couldn’t really hide from Reese. He noticed her in Run the Risk, and she’s his counterpart in Bare it All.

Poor Reese. He has no idea what to make of Alice what’s-her-name. But like me, he knows there’s more to her than meets the eye. He’s a cop, so he senses that she’s hiding secrets – and a whole lot of sex appeal. He picks up on the cautious way she observes the world, how alert she is to her surroundings, and once she befriends his rescue pup… well, it’s all over for Reese.

I hope you remember Alice, but if you don’t, that’s okay. Once you see her with Reese, I guarantee she’ll make more of an impact. Happy reading, everyone!

About the Author:

Since first publishing in January 1996, Lori Foster has routinely released six to ten books a year and has become a Waldenbooks, Borders, USA TODAY, Publishers Weekly and New York Times bestselling author.

Lori believes it’s important to give back to the community as much as possible, and for that reason she ran special contests in conjunction with a publisher, facilitating many first sales for new authors. She routinely organizes events among authors and readers to gather donations for various organizations.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon