Author’s Corner: NY Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Sherryl Woods on Beach Lane

About Beach Lane

Product Beach LaneIn the close-knit community of Chesapeake Shores, Maryland, Susie O’Brien and Mack Franklin’s “not dating” claim befuddles everyone, especially since the two spend every spare minute together. Susie’s thrilled when their friendship finally heats up. Then, just when happily-ever-after seems within reach, Mack loses the job he loves and Susie faces a devastating diagnosis.

But O’Briens always unite in a crisis. Even her cousin Jess, Susie’s rival for most of their lives, becomes her staunchest supporter – especially when Mack’s former lover comes to town. The stakes are higher than ever before, but Susie’s definitely up to the challenge – as long as Mack’s right there by her side.

Buy now online or in-store at Kmart.

About Sherryl Woods

After graduating with a degree in journalism from Ohio State University and working in the newspaper business for many years, the first time Sherryl Woods sat down to write a novel, she struggled with the lack of quotes and pages of facts she was used to having. And then, thanks to a very perceptive friend, she realized she got to use her imagination to make it all up!

Since then, for more than 100 women’s fiction, romance and mystery novels, Sherryl’s been making up all sorts of things — characters, storylines, entire communities. The best part, she says, is that her heroes do exactly what she tells them to do, unlike any of the men she’s ever known.

But even though Sherryl’s allowed her imagination free rein, she still likes to write novels that are grounded in reality. “I want my characters and situations to resonate with my readers. Nothing pleases me more than to hear from a reader that she’d been through exactly that situation, and it all rang true for her. Better yet, that she, like the heroine not only survived, but thrived!”

You can read more about Sherryl on her website at www.sherrylwoods.com or join in at her blog,www.justbetweenfriendsblog.com. To send her an email, write to Sherryl703@gmail.com.

Sherryl Woods on Beach Lane

Over the years I’ve noticed that a lot of people — okay, let’s be honest, it’s mostly men — live in denial when it comes to their feelings. Some, in a perfectly happy, go-with-the-flow relationship are content with the status quo until something comes along to shake them up. For a time in my life, I think I was that something!

Yes, way back I went through a period where I dated three commitment-phobic men in a row who married IMMEDIATELY after parting with me. I thought of starting a business offering my skills — whatever they were — to other women whose men wouldn’t commit.

I share that with you because it’s pretty much what’s gone on for years between Susie O’Brien and Mack Franklin in BEACH LANE, the latest addition to this spring’s Chesapeake Shores trilogy, in stores now from MIRA Books.

Now, just when Mack has finally seen the light and is ready to propose, events conspire to change everything. He loses his beloved job as a sports columnist and Susie receives a potentially devastating diagnosis.

I think the true measure of a hero is how he steps up in a crisis, and Mack, I believe, would be any woman’s dream. He doesn’t even hesitate to take a giant leap into an uncertain future. BEACH LANE may well be the most emotional of all the books in the series thus far. I hope you’ll let me know if you agree at www.sherrylwoods.com. You can link to my Facebook fan page from there, as well.

And while you’re looking for BEACH LANE, don’t forget to grab a copy of the first two books in this spring’s trilogy — DRIFTWOOD COTTAGE and MOONLIGHT COVE. They’re in stores now, too.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon