1. Home & Family guess I'll try this again My husband applied for the lease it and he was turned down because they claim that it came up with an open bankruptcy. For one thing there is nothing call an open bankruptcy. Yes we did file for bankruptcy 9 YEARS AGO. When I contacted the lawyer that we used and he is the one who told us there was no such thing as an open bankruptcy. He told us to look up our credit score and when we did there is nothing on there about the bankruptcy. Yes we did lose our house because my husband was in a nursing home and I was working a job that I could not pay all the bills and support 2 children ages 2 and 6 months. It was explained to us that once we lost the house everything was cleared up. We rented a house that we live in now for 9 years and have never been late with our rent. I use to really enjoy shopping at Kmart but I'm not sure how I feel now. I will be contacting the paper (Sound Off) and let people know what happened and how I don't know how they came up with this. I have already talked to my family and friends and they plan on returning things that they bought there. I did not ask them to do this. And what really gets me is they say you need a mac card and ID and they people behind us had no ID and they still got theirs. I am really disappointed in a store that I really enjoyed shopping at would do this. I was told to write this to you and I may receive an answer in 3 to 5 days, at this time of year does anyone have that amount of time , meanwhile I guess we will wait and see if you get back to us and then i will decide if i contact the paper. Thank You KMart you made my holiday over something that is not even there!!!!!!!!