Frequently Asked Layaway Questions
Get answers and information about:
- How long is a Kmart layaway contract?
- Are there any fees?
- Can I cancel a layaway contract?
- Are all items online available for layaway?
- What are my payments?
- What if I miss a layaway payment?
- Where can I make my payments?
Layaway contracts are 8 weeks. For purchases of $300 or more, a 12-week option is available in-store.
Except where prohibited by law, an 8-week contract requires a $5 Service Fee and a 12-week layaway contract requires a $10 Service Fee.*
Yes, you can cancel any layaway contract. You will receive a refund of your payments made to date minus the Service and Cancellation Fees.*
Items that are available for online layaway will be identified as "Available for Layaway" on the individual product page.
4 easy payments of balance due are required after down payment for an 8-week contract and 6 easy payments of balance due are required for a 12-week contract.
You have a 7-day grace* period after your payment due date before your contract is cancelled and items are returned to stock. A nonrefundable Cancellation Fee will apply.*
You can make a payment at any register in the store that holds your contract or online at kmart.com/layaway.
* Except where prohibited by law, in which case the down payment would be less than that amount. See store for state specific fee limitations. Down payment includes a $5 Service Fee for an 8-week contract and a $10 Service Fee on a 12-week contract. No partial cancellations are permitted. Cancellations can be made only in the store where you opened your contract.
Requires down and biweekly payments. All fees nonrefundable. Cancellation fees apply. Not available at all Kmart locations. Exclusions apply, see store for further details.